ROCHESTOWN EDUCATE TOGETHER NATIONAL SCHOOL
ANNUAL ADMISSION NOTICE
in respect of admissions to the 2022/2023 school year
Admission Policy and Application Form
A copy of the school’s Admission Policy and the Application Form for Admission for the 2022-23 school year is available as follows:
- To download
- On request: By emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to : Rochestown Educate Together NS, Garryduff Sports Centre, Rochestown, Co. Cork.
PART 1 – Admissions to the 2022-23 school year
Application and Decision Dates for admission to 2022-23 school year.
The following are the dates applicable for admission to Junior Infants:
- The school will commence accepting applications for admission on 1st October 2021.
- The school shall cease accepting applications for admission on 22nd October 2021.
- The date by which applicants will be notified of the decision on their application is 12th November 2021.
- The period within which applicants must confirm acceptance of an offer of admission is 2 weeks from date on letter offer.
Note: The school will consider and issue decisions on late applications in accordance with the school’s admission policy.
* Failure to accept an offer within the prescribed period above may result in the offer being withdrawn.
Number of places being made available in 2022-23:
- The number of places being made available in junior infants: 84 – offer will be made to those from the current pre-enrolment list initially.
- The number of residential places is (boarding schools only): n/a
- The number of non-residential places is (boarding schools only): n/a
- The number of places being made available in the special class* catering for children with [insert category or categories of SEN catered for in the special class] is: n/a
- The number of places being made available in other year groups is: Numbers will vary depending on available places in various classes. Classes are capped at 28 pupils per class for 2022-23.
Rochestown Educate Together N.S. has accepted applications for places prior to the commencement of Section 62 of the Education (Admission to Schools) 2018 on 1 February 2020. These applications will continue to be valid based on the time and date on which they were submitted, in keeping with the ‘Siblings then First-come-first-serve’ admissions policy of the time of application.
PART 2 – Admissions to the 2022-23 school year
In respect of the school year, the total number of applications for admission received by the school was 187.
Breakdown of places allocated for the 2021-22 school year:
- Number of places available: 84 junior infants + 21 in other classes.
- Number of applications received: 187
- Number of Offers made and accepted under each criteria: 86 consisting of 29 siblings and 57 first come first served basis.
- Total number of offers made: 187
- Number of names placed on waiting list for the school year concerned: 0